Sunday, February 12, 2012

    My order of paperclay arrived Friday so I was able to begin work on the exterior of Rapunzel's Tower. I decided it would be a stone tower that was once upon a time covered in plaster. It took several hours just to do the topmost layer, but I am pretty happy with the result. It is drying now, and I should be able to patch up any cracks tomorrow.






    I also put in the second floor tile on Saturday. I wanted to use real stone, but they can be very expensive so instead I bought a slate tile at the hardware store for $.93 and took a hammer to it. Of course not all of the pieces were uniform in thickenss, but there was plenty enough my floor. The second floor room also got painted a dark royal blue with little silver stars, and the windows were also completed. I also started work on some curtains, but I'm not 100% happy with them yet. The picture above is of the second floor room. I'm not using this fireplace, I just needed a quick stand-in. The grout between the slates will also be painted a darker color so it doesn't stand out so much.

   In my last blog I posted a picture that really is helping inspire this miniature. The thing I like most in that picture are the little candles in jars that are hanging from the ceiling so I decided I needed to find a way to make those. I googled how to make your own electric miniature lights and it turns out it very simple so long as you have all the right supplies. This is the result of my experiments. Not quite done yet but I think you get the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment